November 30, 2008 7

new bed throw

By in Master Bedroom

I found this bed throw at T.J. Maxx for only $10! It really adds a pop of color in the room and is so warm and cozy for taking naps! Chloe and Thurston love it too!

(Yes, I know I haven’t hidden my cords yet, I can’t find the cord clips I need anywhere around here!)

7 Responses to “new bed throw”

1. April in CT says:

That is such a beautiful color…love it!

Have you tried a place like Target? The 3M removable adhesive hooks make a cord clip that might work. I’ve used them in the kitchen and they’re great.

April- Thank you! I was just in a Target on Thursday and looked for the 3M hooks but didn’t find any! I will have to look again, although the closet Target is 1.5 hours away!

3. April in CT says:

Good gravy! That’s a long way to go for Target! Maybe try some hardware stores such as Lowe’s, Home Depot or a local place. Sometimes I’ve seen a better selection of them at Lowe’s than anywhere else or just save yourself some trouble and order them online.

I have to say between this blog and Anna’s I’ve gone in a totally different direction decorating my bedroom than I ever would have before. Thank you both for the inspiration. :o)

April- I will try those places and see what I can come up with. I may just order them online. I would love to see some pics of your bedroom remodel, and I am so happy to have been an inspiration! Sharing this whole process with people like you has been awesome!

5. Kristy says:

I love watching your progress. I think you should consider painting your bed black. I would recommend black industrial paint that is used to spray paint gas grills. It’s chip proof and wonderful. Somehow this traditional wooden look isn’t translating for me in your other funky style.

Oh wow, the blanket looks awesome! That’s a great blue, such a nice complement to the reddish wood of the bed (which, by the way, I hope you aren’t thinking of painting??). This bedroom is really coming together, I love it!

Looks like you lowered your curtains, too! Much better. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ And yeah, those 3M cord clips (which are what I keep meaning to recommend to you and forgetting!!) are everywhere — Lowes, HD, etc. They work great.

By the way, what are the dimensions on your dresser? I don’t think we ever talked about that when we were doing the floor plans.

Kristy- Thank you, and I’m glad you enjoy reading the blog. I just don’t think I have the heart to paint the bed, it was a gift and I have a matching dresser that I am trying to get upstairs into my room. Thank you for the suggestion though!

Anna- I don’t think I will be painting the bed!