November 5, 2008 6

the finish line is in sight

By in Master Bedroom

I’m sorry for the lack of posts lately, I’ve been under the weather plus caught up in the election frenzy. By the way, I must say how much it rocks that Barack Obama is our President Elect! It really gives me hope for some necessary change in our country.

Tonight my mom came over and helped me tape off all the trim that I painted over the weekend so I can paint my walls and ceiling. After that I can paint the floor (hopefully Saturday) then move back in Monday or Tuesday. I can’t believe this project is almost done and how much I have learned throughout this whole process. I am so happy with the way the room is looking and I can’t wait to see how it will look with furniture and bedding!

6 Responses to “the finish line is in sight”

1. kristy says:

wow adam! you have done so much work. you must be so proud of yourself. i can’t wait to see the final before and after pics!

speaking of proud, we watched the election unfold on our big screen at work yesterday, and gotta say i breathed a big sigh of relief that your country voted the way you all did! very cool…

2. monica says:

hi, de-lurking to say congratulations on the progress! it looks so nice!

… and to offer a tip on the masking tape. no matter how well i thought i’d pressed down on the tape, i always had bleed-under. Then someone told me to just lightly paint the trim color over the edge of the tape before painting the wall color. if any seeps under, it won’t matter, and as the trim color dries, it seals the edge of the tape, so you get a really nice sharp edge.

3. Janet says:

that’s so exciting!! good luck with the rest, i can’t wait to see how it looks. you’ll be so glad to move back in!

I have been checking your blog every hour for the past 2 days hoping for more photos.

UPDATE, DUDE!

I can’t post any pics until tonight- the lighting wasn’t good last night, so I had to take pics this morning, I’m in workshops all day then parent’s anniversary dinner! I’ll try to post some right after work, I swear!

It’s 3:46! I want photos!!
    xoxoxo