August 29, 2008 8

bedroom ceiling lamp

By in Anna Says..., Inspiration & Ideas, Master Bedroom

Adam, here are a few photos of the ceiling lamp. The outside is plain white fabric, and the inside has a flocked damask print. The pattern shows through the outside when light comes through it. The overall measurement is 10″W X 10″H.

Keep in mind that you’re going to have to buy a canopy/cord set for it, since it’s just the shade. I’ve had a hard time finding these in stores, but you can order online. 2Jane has a really nice cord set in stainless or white (I’d go with white for the bedroom) for $20. I’ve ordered from them before, and their customer service is excellent. Here’s a photo of the ring inside the lamp–the cord set just screws right on to this.

8 Responses to “bedroom ceiling lamp”

By the way, please don’t worry about shipping costs! That’s why I have a job. 😉

Also, can I just say that this shade is really nice? It’s been a while since I’ve looked at it (I’ve had it in storage for 2+ years), and I’m still sad that I can’t make it work in my house.

I’m glad it’s going to a good home after all this time! 🙂

Thank you so much! You are such a sweetheart! It’s going to look so beautiful in my room!

3. April in CT says:

That is a kick ass lampshade. Now I want to try and figure out how to make one for my bedroom!

4. googiemel says:

you can get a nice cord kit at urbanoutfitters.com for only $16

googiemel, the cord kit they sell at Urban Outfitters is a plug-in. Adam needs one that can be hardwired directly to the box. You can modifiy a plug-in to hardwire it, but you’d also have to get a canopy that will work to support the weight. At that point, it’s easier and cheaper to just spend a couple of extra dollars for a hardwired cord set.

6. hannah says:

That lamp is just lovely! Where is it from?

Hannah, I bought it at Target, but that was several years ago.