July 17, 2008 7

more upstairs bathroom

By in Upstairs Bathroom

I’m afraid lighting made my last bathroom post look much better than it is, or maybe I am just really picky. Here are some more pics of my rundown medicine cabinet and the window in my shower! I want to replace the medicine cabinet in the future but am having a hard time finding something I like that will fit in a small space.

7 Responses to “more upstairs bathroom”

OK, now that I can see the lighting fixture on the top of the cabinet, I agree that it needs to be replaced!

Are you thinking you want something vintage-y to go with the hex/subway tiles you have planned?

Yes! That is exactly what I am looking for! This one is old and rusty on the inside, and when I used to blow dry my hair to long it would blow the fuse. I really like the storage cabinet you showed me from IKEA, and there is one like it with a mirror in the middle, but I think it would be too big.

My medicine cabinet is 24″ wide. This one http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80103711 is 29 7/8″ wide. I think it might be a tight squeeze.

Yeah, I think you’d wind up with an off-center mirror if you used that one. Too bad, because it would look really cute in your bathroom.

I’ll start looking, I’m sure there’s something out there!

I really like the other one you showed me though and would use it somewhere in the bathroom. I really like the lines of it.

6. minxlj says:

I am the not-so-proud owner of THE most hideous bathroom ever unleashed upon mankind. I posted a photo of the ultra-hideous light in there but couldn’t bring myself to show the full horror. Bathroom Light on Flickr

I cannot wait to rip it apart 🙂

Loving your updates…it’s exciting to see what you’ve got planned. Btw your cat is lovely 🙂

That is definitely the strangest bathroom fixture I have seen! It so doesn’t belong in a bathroom, or probably anywhere according to your description! Thank you for the sweet comments about the blog and Thurston, he really is a wonderful cat!