June 27, 2008 9

shag carpet linoleum

By in Master Bedroom

Here is a picture of the shag carpet linoleum Anna was talking about on her site. This resides in my bedroom closet and under the carpet in the rest of the room. I am hoping there are plank floors underneath that I can paint because that will save me a fortune in new flooring! Plus I really like the pictures of the painted wooden floors that Anna posted earlier.
Why would someone invent this and why would someone want to use it? Extreme allergies?

9 Responses to “shag carpet linoleum”

1. Jennifer says:

Oh, that is just hideous! It looks like there is a plank peeking out!

I know! i really hope there are plank floors and not some sort of other monstrosity!

3. Cat says:

Just found you via Door 16. I love, love, love this idea for the blog. I can’t wait to see how the story unfolds!

Adam, everyone who sees this linoleum (and I have showed that picture to EVERYONE!) is just aghast when they see it. It’s so funny, there’s this moment before the figure out what’s going on when they look totally confused, and then their jaws just drop.

It also seems to be unanimous that you should save a piece of it and frame it for posterity. It’s just SO fabulously weird and awful and great!

I think I will take a piece of it and have it framed like everyone says or turned into a shadow box! Then I can have years of fun with people trying to guess what it is!

I keep checking back and hoping for photos of your new cabinet!!

7. kellyr says:

Oh man!! This shag carpet linoleum is most incredible thing I have ever seen!!!! Wow. Takes some great mind to come up with that one. I think you should at least keep a little in remembrance, too brilliant to completely thrown away.

—oh yea, totally frame ir, just read yr comment—

8. Patti says:

That lino is really strange! I found you via D16, which I just found via the photo of Bruno on Aimee’s Animals.

Adam, your blog caught my eye because the house is in Potsdam, NY. My DH and I went to college there, met in the United Methodist church choir, and were married there too. That was 25+ years ago and now we’re building a house here in western PA.

It’s nice to “meet” you and I look forward to following your house reno.

Patti

9. purejuice says:

just started reading from the beginning. now that is impressively hideous.