June 24, 2008 10

my house

By in Exterior, Whole House

Anna has been busy posting so I thought I had better get in the game! This is “Adam’s House”. It was built in 1812 of locally quarried Potsdam Sandstone. Thankfully it was very well maintained by the previous owners, a couple who with their 2 children lived here for almost 50 years. The problem is that they stopped decorating it around the late 60’s and early 70’s, and it is not even an example of “good” 60’s and 70’s decor. Hence this blog.

10 Responses to “my house”

Your house is SO cute, Adam. The landscaping is just amazing.

I’d never have guessed how large it is, it looks so wee from the front!

2. iobot says:

WOW!!!! What a beauty esp. not with 5 feet of snow in front of it!!!!!

Anna: Thank you! Yes, it looks much smaller than it is, you really have to be inside to tell how big it is!

Ini: After this past winter I never want to see snow again! We haven’t had that much snow up her since we were in second grade! If you are ever up this way give me a call- I may be down your way this summer!

4. Oh, whatever you do, please oh please oh please oh please keep your front door!! We almost never see the Delwood anymore. It’s awesome!!!

Can’t wait to see the other progress you make….!

Christiane: I’m glad to finally have a name to go with that door! I am very torn about the Delwood, as it is pretty cool looking, but I am not sure how well it goes with the house. I’ll take your comment as a vote for it, it will be interesting to see what others think.

6. Jennifer says:

What an adorable house. Just adorable.

7. lsaspacey says:

It is a GORGEOUS house though, you just have to make the inside match the first impression.

I’ve gotta say, I love that style of door…on a mid-century ranch home. Just NOT on your house!

What happened to the original door? It’s not hiding in the basement or attic by any chance, is it?

BTW, I think it’s safe to refer to the style of your house as “Cape Cod Colonial”.

I’m not sure what happened to the original door. I haven’t seen it lurking in my garage or attic. I need to figure out what type of door I need to get.